Interview: Foundational Questions
This module will explore the fundamentals of executive interviewing. Being underprepared for an interview is instantly obvious to the interviewer, so come with background research, enthusiasm, confidence, and questions.
Watch the video to learn from US Army Veteran and Executive Talent Acquisition Expert – George Randle – as he shares how to answer common foundational questions in an interview.
- An interview is a conversation. Discuss how you will bring value to the company and team, and your potential to bring more value than expected
- Your job at this stage is to get the hiring-manager/interviewer to say Yes
- B.L.U.F. – Bottom line up front, is the best way to communicate your military experience with results
- Bring relevant questions to the interview to understand the requirements of the role, not “What’s in it for me?”
- Don’t forget, close the interview!
Click below to download an interview practice guide to keep you organized and succinct. Remember that this should be specifically tailored to each job interview.
For additional preparation try out Candorful, a free interview preparation service for transitioning veterans.