Interview: Foundational Questions
This module will explore the fundamentals of executive interviewing. Being under-prepared for an interview is instantly obvious to the interviewer, so come with background research, enthusiasm, confidence and questions.
Watch the video to learn from US Army Veteran and Executive Talent Acquisition Expert – George Randle – as he shares how to asnwer common foundational questions in an interview.
- An interview is a conversation. Discuss how you will bring value to the company and team, and your potential to bring more value than expected
- Your job at this stage is to get the hiring-manager/interviewer to say Yes
- B.L.U.F. – Bottom line up front, is the best way to communicate your military experience with results
- Bring relevant questions to the interview to understand the requirements of the role, not “What’s in it for me?”
- Don’t forget, close the interview!
Click below to download an interview practice guide to keep you organized and succinct. Remember that this should be specifically tailored to each job interview.
For additional preparation try out Candorful, a free interview preparation service for transitioning veterans.
We Want to Hear From You
We'd love to learn more about you, your team, and your challenges. Talent War Group is ready to help.